She takes over from creative powerhouse Tseliso Rangaka, who recently assumed the role of chief creative officer for FCB Joburg, and its specialist agency partner Hellocomputer.
Rated the sixth most admired agency professional in South Africa in the Scopen Agency Scope study for 2019, Luckin made the world stand up and take note of the country’s creative prowess in 2017 when she became the first South African woman to serve as a Cannes Lions Jury President.
The Loeries new board members
- Fran Luckin (Loeries Chairperson); Chief Creative Officer of Grey Africa
- Preetesh SewrajChief Executive Officer: The Loerie Awards
- Tseliso Rangaka; Chief Creative Officer, FCB Joburg and Hello Computer
- Neo Mashigo; Chief Creative Officer, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Gareth Leck; Group CEO, Joe Public
- James Barty; Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, King James
- Gaby de Abreu; Creative Director, Switch Design
- Linda Bogle: Executive Producer, Your Girlfriend
- Dawn Rowlands; Chief Edxecutive Officer, Dentsu Aegis Network Sub-Saharan Africa
- Suhana Gordhan; Executive Creative Director, FCB Africa
- Sydney Mbhele (aso new to The Lories’ board); Chief Executive, Brand at Sanlam
The Loeries: forging a legacy of excellence
For his two-year tenure as the Lories’ chairperson, Rangaka leaves behind an excellent track-record, which saw around 2,500 entries received for 2019 alone.
646 brands were represented by 281 agencies from 15 countries across Africa and the Middle East.
The awards were judged by over 140 regional and international industry leaders in various fields, among them was international Jury Presidents Nedal Ahmed, Tara McKenty, Ralf Heuel and Katja Thielen.
He added: “2020 is no-doubt a defining year for the Loeries. It has also shown itself as a year of many firsts. For the first time ever, entries to the awards are free. This is to assist agencies with a cost burden many cannot afford to have right now.”
Explaining the driving source of inspiration behind this year’s theme, #CreateChange for Loeries 2020, Preetesh Sewraj said: “This year’s Loeries Creative Week will deliver deep insights into how creativity helps business and society in general move forward, even if they face of one of our toughest challenges.”
*For the latest brand focused South African news and product launch events, make sure to visit NOWinSA daily!