At just six years of age, the young DJ is already having a taste of global fame. The South African star appeared on the America’s Got Talent; The Champions, competing alongside other winners, finalists and contestants from ‘Got Talent’ show franchise from around the world.
After taking the title of SA’s Got Talent in 2015 at just three years old, it’s safe to say it’s not just Mzansi that is head over heels with this incredible young talent. The Johannesburg born rising star received a standing ovation from judges including Simon Cowell, who expressed interest in taking him under his wing. “You and I need to be talking after this show because I got plans for you. Trust me! I think you are a total, total little star and I absolutely love you.,” said Simon Cowell following Arch Jnr’s set. Among the impressed judges were Canadian actor and comedian Howie Mandel, English singer Mel B and model Heidi Klum.
5 Quick facts
- Although affectionately known by his stage name DJ Arch Jnr, his real name is Oratilwe AJ Hlongwane and is still in pre-school.
- When his parents realised AJ’s interest in music as he frequently fidget with his father’s equipment at just two years old, it became clear that his passion needed to be nurtured from thereon.
- He became the world’s youngest DJ by Guinness Book of World Records as well as the youngest person to win a “Got Talent” competition.
- In June, 2018, the young DJ gave video tutorials on using DJ gear and software to his fans in Johannesburg.
- The young DJ has received great reception nationwide, with several South African public figures sending shoutouts from the likes of Bonang Matheba, Zakes Bantwini, Black Coffee, Terry Crews, Sizwe Dlomo and more.