Aimed towards innovative female entrepreneurs disrupting challenges that our society is facing today, the Santam Women of the Future Awards are presented in association with Fairlady, and for the first time this year, the True Love magazine.
Also new to the awards this year is co-sponsor, Lulalend, who are all about providing fast and easy finance for qualifying startups.
“We’re proud to say that this is the sixth year that Fairlady has partnered with Santam to recognise, celebrate and award the best women entrepreneurs in South Africa,” reads a statement from the organisers.
“This year, it’s more essential than ever before: Covid-19 has had a devastating effect on our South African economy, and at Fairlady, and Truelove we believe that it’s the untapped smarts, resilience, creativity – and sheer brilliance – of South African women that will lead us forward,” adds Fairlady editor Suzy Brokensha.”
Five years as a judge has taught Brokensha that South African women are an economic force to be reckoned with, and this year, more than ever, she looks forward “to being astounded by what they have come up with”.
Santam understands that the first 1000 days of running your own business are the hardest. They believe that if you’re still in business by day 1001, you’re in it for the long haul.
Entry details: Santam Women of the Future Awards 2020
Qualifying female entrepreneurs can enter one of the following categories and stand to win incredible prizes:
• The Santam Woman of the Future title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is older than 1000 days and who is well on her way to creating an empire.
• The Santam Rising Star title is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30 years old who is still within her first 1000 days but whose business, our judges believe, will flourish way beyond them.
• The Santam Social Entrepreneur title is awarded to an entrepreneur making a real difference in her community. Aged 30 or older, her business has survived the first 1000 days.
The prizes awarded to the three winners are:
- R80 000 in cash to the Santam Woman of the Future
- R50 000 each, in cash, to the SANTAM Rising Star and SANTAM Social Entrepreneur.
All the winners will also walk away with the following prizes:
• A PR package worth R10 000 from Lulalend
• A luxurious beauty hamper worth R5 000 from Estée Lauder
• Business printing worth R5 000 from Lithotech
• A course worth R17 000 from GIBS
• A Samsonite Zalia 2.0 Bailhandle worth R3 699
• Ladies wristwatch worth R1 095 from Missguided
• A media training course
Entries close on 30 June 30, 2020. Entry forms and terms & conditions are available on www.womenofthefuture.co.za.