Saturday, April 13, 2024
HomeEditors PicksSA supermom named best African podcaster; APVA 2023

SA supermom named best African podcaster; APVA 2023

South African media personality Lebang Kgosana gains continental recognition as Podcast of the Year winner at the 2023 African Podcasts and Voices Awards (APVA) for her serialised parenting podcast, 'Life With Lebang'.

The ‘Life With Lebang‘ podcast, hosted by Johannesburg-based media personality Lebang Kgosana, is a popular online show that focuses on new-age parenting and offers advice and insight into non-traditional parenting methods.

A testament to Kgosana’s hard work and dedication in producing high-quality content that resonates not only with listeners navigating parenting but audiences of all ages across the continent, the show won the title of Podcast of the Year at the 2023 African Podcasts and Voices Awards (APVA).

The APVA is renowned as the premier event that celebrates the exceptional contributions of African podcasters, spoken-word artists, and voice actors. The winners are determined by a be a combination of judging scores, 70% of the overall result are determined by judges, with public votes making up the remaining 30%.

Other winners include Paulo Dias (Working Title FC) for best Sports Podcast, Mo! Sibyl (The More Sibyl Podcast) for Diaspora Podcast of the Year, Kalenga Chambatu (That Zed Podcast) for Lifestyle and Entertainment, Adebayo Oduwole (What A Joke) for Comedy, Podvise Podcast (Podvise) for Advocacy and Social Change, as well Mzansi’s own Gcina Mhlophe (African Story Magic with Gcina Mhlophe) for best Fiction podcast, and Nicole Engelbrecht (True Crime South Africa). Click here to see the full list of winners.

‘Life With Lebang’; background info, inspiration and show time

Unpacking a variety of topics such as introducing kids to the concept of money, selecting the right nanny for your child, and being an intentional and present parent, ‘Life With Lebang‘ was inspired by the need for a supportive community among young parents, allowing them to connect and find encouragement in the evolving journey of parenthood.

The mother of five, hosts the podcast with the goal of providing positive parental awareness, healing, and advice for young parents who may feel overwhelmed by the challenges of modern parenthood.

The show features chats with various professionals navigating parenting, as well as community activist making the world better.

“… on the ‘Life With Lebang‘ podcast, we will laugh, we will cry, we will share – but most importantly, we will do it together,” reads the show’s description from CliffCentral.com where it officially airs every Wednesday from 9am to 10am.

Editor's Desk
Editor's Desk
Curated by editor-in-chief, Tankiso Komane, this special collection of articles from the Editor's Desk unpacks topics of the day, including commentary, in-depth analysis and partner content.
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments